We’re a creative regeneration agency forging great ideas to change the world for the better – improving people’s lives, making great places, building business with purpose.
We help people to make their good ideas happen, to make them last, and to demonstrate that they’re making a difference.
Nice things people have said
- "Oriel Science's pop-up exhibition gallery was constructed in 6 days in a commercial premises in Swansea’s city centre. Swansea University employed Urban Foundry to be our venue’s site manager and you superbly oversaw this complex and time-critical project. We launched on time with everything in place and the visitor numbers to the gallery are a testimony to the project’s success, which relied heavily on your experience, knowledge and organisational skills."Professor Chris Allton, Swansea University
- “I joined Urban Foundry as an intern as part of my Event Management Degree. When my internship finished I was offered a part-time job with them running their Unit Nineteen venue. It has given me new skills and confidence. It’s been a fantastic experience.”Siobhan Thomas, former Urban Foundry academy recruit from UWTSD
- "You were perhaps the first to spot the potential of the Prize and I am certain that the Prize would not have taken off had it not been for your initial lead; the Prize became a reality and 2006 saw things come to a triumphant conclusion. In all of this you were indispensable. Your advice was always sage and you skillfully handled relations with a host of local bodies, not least the local authority. To an unusual degree you combine administrative sagacity with artistic flair and enthusiasm. In other words you are a truly creative administrator and one with a sharp understanding of how local authorities and other public bodies operate."Professor Peter Stead, Dylan Thomas Prize
- "The mapping exercise was a particularly difficult thing to sell let alone take on and produce results for. For that all the members of the group will be eternally grateful. The presentation of the results was innovative, clear and immediately re-useable to further our thinking. You produced material to order, on time and extremely professionally. You have an immediate and overall understanding of the issues but also a keen and supportive interest in the arts. Your work in bringing the three consultations together and as a team member in pulling the whole strategy together as a piece was also extremely valuable and helpful. When we presented the strategy to the Arts Council at the specific feedback conference with other authorities who had undertaken the same exercise, it was abundantly clear that the Swansea approach was light years ahead of the rest. In particular, we had delivered what we said we would and the material - easily accessible and actually fun to have - was what was actually need to forge strategic ideas for the future for young people and the arts in Swansea. Your contribution to that achievement was vital. Thank you again on behalf of the City and County of Swansea Youth Arts Strategy core working group."Robin Hall, Swansea Youth Arts Partnership
- “CIME (Creativity & Innovation in Micro Enterprise) is an INTERREG funded initiative with the overall aim of embedding Creative & Innovative thinking into all areas of business. Partners include SERA (South East Regional Authority), and Kilkenny Enterprise Board, Ireland and in Wales Swansea Metropolitan University and University of Wales Trinity St David. You were selected to carry out an independent evaluation of the impact of a 4 Tier Programme and a series of Networking events that were delivered in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire & Ceredigion. CIME worked with over 200 businesses and organisations in a variety of sectors. You were a pleasure to work with. Your approach was extremely professional and your methodologies were robust and adaptable. You very quickly understood the ethos of the whole project and I would have no hesitation in recommending you!”Jenny Vobe-Tancock, CIME Operations Manager, University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- "As chair of Community Planning Committee within Mumbles Community Council I engaged Urban Foundry to produce a coherent long-term Community Plan for the village of Mumbles.I am pleased to say that the relationship bared fruit and we are now the proud owners of a strategic framework that is providing focus and rationale for all our interaction with the community.The professionalism and approachability of Dr Reynolds was a constant reassurance and was very forgiving of our idiosyncrasies. The main bonus of having this framework is that it reduces the personality conflicts within the council and allows us to be fully focused on planning and delivering projects for our electorate."Cllr Carwyn Thomas, Mumbles Community Council