We’re a creative regeneration agency forging great ideas to change the world for the better – improving people’s lives, making great places, building business with purpose.
We help people to make their good ideas happen, to make them last, and to demonstrate that they’re making a difference.
Nice things people have said
- "Working in close collaboration with Urban Foundry we invited Ben Hamilton-Baillie to Swansea for a two day visit to assist us with our thinking on the redesign of our City Centre. The two days were highly informative and inspirational for all staff involved. This event has been a milestone in helping us to start to develop a more innovative and coherent approach to our urban planning."Phil Roberts, Chief Executive, Swansea Council
- "On behalf of Jazz Heritage Wales thank you for all the work you put in updating the format for the Before Freedom Primary Schools pack. The updates are of course more accessible as they are on the modern format, and bilingual. In addition, I must congratulate you on the presentation, as the way you have laid it out has really helped to make the content clearer to the reader. Your work will allow this important story of the Slave who arrived in Wales in the 1830s to be shown to much wider audiences through the People’s Collection Wales, and the HWB teachers resource. The timeline was also a tricky piece of work, helping us to work out what was needed, and how best to present it, and it has already been well received. It has been printed out now, for the book to hand round, and looks very good in this format, as well as the slideshow. Again, it seems to really tell the story very clearly, and with both pieces of work, you have delivered them on time, and with the maximum efficiency."Deb Checkland, Chair - Jazz Heritage Wales
- “Our ‘Movie Makers’ half-term activity was a fantastic opportunity for visitors with the acting bug, a love of the silver screen or those simply keen to experience a little of what it’s like to be on set and perform in front of a camera. Not only did people learn a little about performing for the camera, they also had the chance to get involved in some of the processes that go into making a film.”Lisa Hartley, Quadrant Shopping Manager
- "As chair of Community Planning Committee within Mumbles Community Council I engaged Urban Foundry to produce a coherent long-term Community Plan for the village of Mumbles.I am pleased to say that the relationship bared fruit and we are now the proud owners of a strategic framework that is providing focus and rationale for all our interaction with the community.The professionalism and approachability of Dr Reynolds was a constant reassurance and was very forgiving of our idiosyncrasies. The main bonus of having this framework is that it reduces the personality conflicts within the council and allows us to be fully focused on planning and delivering projects for our electorate."Cllr Carwyn Thomas, Mumbles Community Council
- "[Urban Foundry] were commissioned by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council through a tender process to conduct an audit of existing arts provision across the County Borough of Neath Port Talbot , to generate knowledge in terms of expectations of arts delivery and possible gaps in provision and to develop content for a website and advise on its format in order to improve knowledge of what is already happening in the arts across the county. Through the establishment of twelve focus groups across the County Borough you were able to formulate a detailed response which was clearly articulated in a timely report, linked with effective strategies to adopt to address gaps/issues identified. The report has been invaluable in focusing our business development plans and also in prioritising spend. I would have no hesitation in recommending you."Angie Dickinson, Area Artistic Manager - Cultural Services, Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
- “[You were] an excellent communicator, empathising with the difficulties faced by community groups whilst working with them to find solutions. Your judgements were invariably sound and very well thought through - you instinctively knew how to work with, not for community groups - and your cheerful and positive approach to work is a delight! Feedback from groups was nothing but positive. All deadlines were met to a high standard and as well as being skilled at higher-level complex development work, you understand that the finer project detail is important too. We have greatly enjoyed working with you and have no hesitation at all in recommending you to others.”Barbara Anglezarke, Forestry Commission Wales Cydcoed Manager
- Pleased to see our infographic, which we developed with @SterlingRees, being used by @BridgendCBC on their website.… https://t.co/V9itAgi48T
- Urban Foundry's @LucyBeddall has put together some 'Top Tips for Social Media Marketing' in our latest blog post S… https://t.co/VcCIRs7QR1
- Feel free to share our infographic detailing government support available to businesses, self employed, employers &… https://t.co/JWdsS896uE