We’re a creative regeneration agency forging great ideas to change the world for the better – improving people’s lives, making great places, building business with purpose.
We help people to make their good ideas happen, to make them last, and to demonstrate that they’re making a difference.
Nice things people have said
"I approached Urban Foundry to coordinate and construct a bid for a significant amount of Arts Council Wales and Welsh Government funding as the University has used the company before. Ben worked with multiple colleagues within the University and from across the South Wales region to draft a well-constructed and coherent bid document that clearly reflected the collaborative nature of its development. You have a quiet, confident and professional approach; you maintain excellent communication with key individuals at all times and were able to negotiate appropriate solutions to issues that arose in the bid development. I would be very happy to recommend Urban Foundry to support similar activities, collaborative ventures and project design. I found you to be committed to our success and reliable throughout the bid process and in the follow up period after we were successful in the award."Dr Jane Waters, University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- "You acted as our consultant on the 'Small Grants Scheme' we ran last year. You gave prompt, professional advice throughout the process helping establish a very successful project. We would definitely use your services again."Nikki Neale, Gorseinon College
- "Urban Foundry were fantastic to work with on our Business Plan for our Hwb y Gors development in Cwmgors – a proposed zero carbon energy, arts and enterprise centre. Urban Foundry were so knowledgeable about the whole social enterprise sector and with a depth of local knowledge and contacts. Urban Foundry really added value to the document, challenged our thinking in a useful way, and made it a lot more fun to do!”Dan McCallum MBE, Co-Founder Awel Aman Tawe
- "The Regeneration Swansea Visioning workshop was expertly facilitated by Ben using the theory of change approach. This approach enabled everyone to engage and put their thoughts forward and it was a very enlightening workshop."Phil Holmes, Head of Planning and City Regeneration, Swansea Council
- "[Urban Foundry] were commissioned by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council through a tender process to conduct an audit of existing arts provision across the County Borough of Neath Port Talbot , to generate knowledge in terms of expectations of arts delivery and possible gaps in provision and to develop content for a website and advise on its format in order to improve knowledge of what is already happening in the arts across the county. Through the establishment of twelve focus groups across the County Borough you were able to formulate a detailed response which was clearly articulated in a timely report, linked with effective strategies to adopt to address gaps/issues identified. The report has been invaluable in focusing our business development plans and also in prioritising spend. I would have no hesitation in recommending you."Angie Dickinson, Area Artistic Manager - Cultural Services, Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
- "On behalf of Jazz Heritage Wales thank you for all the work you put in updating the format for the Before Freedom Primary Schools pack. The updates are of course more accessible as they are on the modern format, and bilingual. In addition, I must congratulate you on the presentation, as the way you have laid it out has really helped to make the content clearer to the reader. Your work will allow this important story of the Slave who arrived in Wales in the 1830s to be shown to much wider audiences through the People’s Collection Wales, and the HWB teachers resource. The timeline was also a tricky piece of work, helping us to work out what was needed, and how best to present it, and it has already been well received. It has been printed out now, for the book to hand round, and looks very good in this format, as well as the slideshow. Again, it seems to really tell the story very clearly, and with both pieces of work, you have delivered them on time, and with the maximum efficiency."Deb Checkland, Chair - Jazz Heritage Wales