We’re a creative regeneration agency forging great ideas to change the world for the better – improving people’s lives, making great places, building business with purpose.
We help people to make their good ideas happen, to make them last, and to demonstrate that they’re making a difference.
Nice things people have said
- "Urban Foundry undertook an Impact Assessment of our award winning Chepstow High Street Regeneration Scheme in 2010. Due to unavoidable delays, the tendering process took place in late summer with limited timing to complete visitor surveys. You quickly identified the necessary resources to complete the study within a tight timescale to a high standard. Many Thanks."Colin Phillips, Special Projects Manager, Monmouthshire County Council
- "Really cool people, loads of families, it’s definitely the best place in Swansea at the moment."Victoria Lee
- "Working with you has stimulated fresh ideas across departments in Natural Resources Wales. The project, which was completed as part of our trial into natural resource management has provided us with a set of principles to help NRW sustainably manage our natural assets in the urban environment for people, the environment and the economy. Working with you has allowed our staff at local level to create connections with other organisations in your network for future collaboration. Your staff were very communicative throughout the project and have a creative outlook, which has encouraged local staff in NRW to be more flexible and innovative in our approach, seeing opportunities not barriers. The local knowledge not only of the surrounding environment but, also the many organisations who worked within the project area was invaluable. A professional high quality report was delivered to schedule, which is appropriate for us to use in our discussions with a range of stakeholders from community members to local Councillors and Assembly Members. A pleasure to work with."Fran Rolfe, Environment Officer - Natural Resources Management Team - Swansea, Natural Resources Wales
- "[You were] … very professional in your work, highly intelligent and both efficient and effective in the way you perform your duties. You have demonstrated excellent communication skills and worked well with individuals and organisations alike. The presentation of your work is exemplary and I would have no hesitation in recommending your services to any group or organisation at any level."Gareth Evans, SRP project coordinator
- "We were extremely happy with your work on supporting our city of culture bid for St Davids and the 100 of Dewisland. The application was extremely strong and I'm sure surprised the judges. Significant credit must go to you for this. Nevertheless, we always knew that as the smallest city in Britain, we would be hard-pressed to be shortlisted in a competition designed for major urban centres. With that in mind, part of our strategy was also about ensuring that we would win even if we didn't win the competition. And so it has proved. During the process of bidding for City of Culture, Pembrokeshire got enormous exposure in the press worth well over £1 million if we had purchased the same kind of exposure through paid advertising. It also led us to a major three-year culture and arts tourism development project in North West Pembrokeshire, in partnership with County Wexford, Ireland which has seen us successfully capture £2 million of funding. We are now looking forward to delivering that three-year project which will in effect be a mini city of culture programme over a longer period of time, with better impacts and a more sustainable approach for such a small area."Mike Cavanagh, Head of Cultural Services, Pembrokeshire County Council
- "As chair of Community Planning Committee within Mumbles Community Council I engaged Urban Foundry to produce a coherent long-term Community Plan for the village of Mumbles.I am pleased to say that the relationship bared fruit and we are now the proud owners of a strategic framework that is providing focus and rationale for all our interaction with the community.The professionalism and approachability of Dr Reynolds was a constant reassurance and was very forgiving of our idiosyncrasies. The main bonus of having this framework is that it reduces the personality conflicts within the council and allows us to be fully focused on planning and delivering projects for our electorate."Cllr Carwyn Thomas, Mumbles Community Council