Following the 9th International Public Markets Conference in Barcelona, ‘Projects for Public Spaces’ is inviting you to sign the 2015 Public Markets Declaration – to show your support for public markets as important cultural institutions that can strengthen local economies, promote physical health and sustainability, and foster deep social connections in the communities they serve.
We set up the award winning Uplands Market in Swansea – one of the Daily Telegraph’s top 10 UK street markets (and we’ve subsequently set up Swansea’s Marina Market too). The markets are important on many different levels, they can:
- change the use of an otherwise car populated space;
- add vibrancy & vitality to the community and local businesses;
- give the local community access to farm-fresh foods and crafts;
- support small businesses by providing a safe environment to trade in; and
- boost the local economy by promoting the benefits of buying local.
Click on the link on the Projects for Public Spaces website for more information and to sign.